As with all Icare® tonometers, the TONOVET Plus tonometer is based on a rebound measuring principle, in which a light weight probe is used to make momentary contact with the cornea. The gentle measurement does not require any anesthetic nor does it cause corneal reflex in the majority of animals. Icare® rebound tonometers are easy to use as they do not require maintenance calibration by the user.
The new Icare TONOVET Plus is even easier to use. It features an advanced user
- Bigger OLED display in colours
- Informative user interface
- Visual illustration on measuring sequence
- Clear error messages
- One press measurement option
- Also possible as single measurements
- Deviation indication in colours
- Green = no/very low standard deviation
- Yellow = slight standard deviation
- Red = high standard deviation
- New, updated calibrations for 4 species = 4 settings:
- Dog – Canine
- Cat – Feline w Separated from the dog setting
- Rabbit – Lupine w ALL NEW
- Horse – Equine
- New calibrations have been developed in co-operation with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the Iowa State University and the University of Georgia.
- Option to adjust the volume and turn the lights off.
- When positioning lights are turned off, they’ll appear on the display.
- Intelligent Positioning Assistant Lights
|Dimensions||24 – 29 mm (W) x 35 – 95 mm (H) x 215 mm (L)|
|Weight||140 g (without batteries), 230 g (4 x AA batteries)|
|Power supply||4 x AA non-rechargeable batteries, 1.5V alkaline LR6|
|Measurement range||10 – 60 mmHg|
|Accuracy||± 2.5 mmHg (10 – 30 mmHg) and ± 10% (> 30 – 60 mmHg)|
|Repeatability (coefficient of variation)||< 8 %|
|Accuracy of display||1 mmHg|
|Display unit||Millimeter of mercury (mmHg)|
|This device has BF-type electric shock protection|